New Cathedral Quarter Loyalty Scheme and website LaunchedPublished On Friday 22 Jun 2018 by Sticky Beak
See All Recent News Articles
Derby Cathedral Quarter Business Improvement District (BID) has re-launched its popular loyalty scheme with additional features making it easier for those who work and visit the area to benefit from special offers at local businesses.
Under the previous BID programme, there were more than 3,700 cardholders who were entitled to benefits such as discounts, special promotions and exclusive offers from businesses in the Cathedral Quarter including shops, cafès and restaurants, salons, entertainment venues and professional services.
Since the new Cathedral Quarter BID was launched on March 1, work has been underway to develop the new loyalty card system and make it easier for people to apply for their cards via the newly-designed website www.derbycathedralquarter.co.uk.
The cards also include a new QR code which when scanned on a smartphone takes the user straight to a page on the website which lists all of the current offers.
The BID is confident that the upgraded system will encourage even more businesses to participate in the scheme and result in an increased number of loyalty cards in circulation.
Everyone who works in the Cathedral Quarter BID area can apply for a free ‘I Work’ card to encourage them to support their neighbouring businesses.
Members of the public can buy an ‘I Love’ card for just £5 via Paypal online at the Cathedral Quarter website with cards posted to home addresses within ten working days.
Both cards are valid until the end of the current BID term in February 2023.
The loyalty card offers are just one of the features on the new website which has two distinct areas.
The visitor pages have information about all the businesses, places to visit and events as well as information about travel and parking.
The dedicated business area includes information about the wide range of support available through the BID, updates on key initiatives and information on the latest news and events.
Each business has their own profile which can be used to provide further information and include links to individual websites and social media channels.
Developing the Cathedral Quarter’s online and mobile presence and updating the loyalty scheme were highlighted by Cathedral Quarter businesses as key priorities during the consultation process ahead of the successful vote to renew the area’s BID status for a third five-year term.
Martin Langsdale is chair of the Cathedral Quarter BID and leads a board of local business people and partner representatives who oversee BID activities.
He said: “The Cathedral Quarter loyalty scheme has been one of the most successful projects since we created the Cathedral Quarter brand under the BID initiative ten years ago.
“The scheme has engendered a real sense of community by encouraging people who work here to support their neighbouring businesses and has also embraced the loyalty felt by the public to this unique part of the city centre.
“Businesses were keen to update and re-launch the scheme as part of the new BID programme and the newly-designed website has been an integral element of this project.
“We already have some great business offers lined up which very quickly save customers the money spent on applying for the ‘I Love’ card so this represents excellent value.”
To apply for the ‘I Love the Cathedral Quarter’ card and for news and information about all the businesses and forthcoming events in the area, please visit www.derbycathedralquarter.co.uk
The current list of food and drink discounts available are;
- Wonki Pot: Present your CQ card to receive a free hot drink with any food purchase at Wonki Pot
- The Squashed Tomato: 10% off all orders when you present your CQ card at The Squashed Tomato
- The Post House: Sun-Thursday 12-7pm get 2 for £12 on all cocktails at The Post House
- The Post House: Wine Wednesday- 25% off any bottle of wine at The Post House
- The Post House: Gin Tuesday - doubles for the price of singles on any gins at The Post House
- Dolce-Salato Cafe Italiano: Present your CQ card and get a free dessert with any 2 course meal. Tues- Thurs at Dolce-Salato Cafe Italiano
- The Post House: 15% off drinks with your CQ card at The Post House
- Just Ice: Get 10% off with your CQ card at Just Ice
- Derby Cathedral Café & Bookshop: 10% off your bill when you show us your CQ card at Cathedral Café
- Derby Museum and Art Gallery: 5% off in the Museum Coffee House
- BEAR: 10% off all hot drinks with your loyalty card at BEAR
- Milk & Honey Deli: Half Price Milkshake with your CQ card at Milk & Honey Deli. (Offer limited to 1 per customer)
- Doughnotts: Coffee for £1.50 before 10.30am with your CQ card at Doughnotts
- Pitcher and Piano: Get 20% off food and drink with your 'I work in the Cathedral Quarter' card. Offer valid all day Mon-Fri
- The Fat Cat Cafe Bar: The Fat Cat - Don't forget to show us your Cathedral Quarter card to receive 20% off drinks 7 days a week!
- The Kitchen: 10% off your bill at The Kitchen